SkeenaWild will be offering three types of summer camp experiences for kids (ages 6-11 years), led by an experienced environmental educator: virtual camps, DIY camp, and in-person camps at Ferry Island in Terrace.
Daily Zoom calls Mon to Fri from 10 am to 11 am with learning activities to do at home delivered directly to your home
Date: August 24-28
Cost: $40 (plus shipping if outside Terrace area)
Learning activities to do at home delivered directly to your home
Can order anytime
Cost: $30 (plus shipping if outside Terrace area)
In-Person Camps – Ferry Island
Following COVID-19 guidelines
Will be following COVID-19 guidelines: social distancing, hand-washing, and individual supplies
Max: 8 campers per day
Activities: water quality testing, aquatic insect identification, native and non-native species identification, learning about salmon lifecycles and watersheds
Dates: Wed. Aug. 12, 19, 26
Cost: $40 per camper per day
COVID-19 CAMP POLICIES
- Maximum group size for each day camp: 8 campers (ages 6-10 years)
- We will supply individual sanitized supplies for each camper
- All activities will take place outside
- There will be a hand-washing and sanitizing station available
- Daily health assessments on drop off. No one with symptoms will be allowed to participate.
- Please note if your child is not feeling well, please keep them home.
- Drop-off locations will be provided upon registration
- Should we have to cancel due to changes in government regulations, we will provide a full refund.
For more information & how to register
Contact Christine Slanz, Education Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-638-0998 / 250-631-9045.
Thanks to our sponsors: Northwest Science & Innovation Society (NSIS), TD Friends of the Environment, and the Terrace Community Foundation.